NGV Community Forum
NGV Community Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Photo Gallery | Vote | Shopping

Choose your language translation:
 Recommend Us to your Friend!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Ask me anything about NGV!
 All Forums
 Forumer: Question and Answer Section
 If you have a question to Ask the Expert?
 BLUEMEC NGV System www.bluemec.com
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

NGV:Yes
Since:Jul 2008
Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  2:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If you are using the above NGV Kit kindly share your experience ya.

Thanks

Sponsored Links!

Let me invited you to join the Facebook group "NGV Car Owner (Malaysia) ".

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=745707545&k=3212YYR6PT2EXBG1XB2&oid=16296154366

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Pls share your experience in the forum.. may it be bad or good.

Edited by - geoffreylee on 02/07/2008 11:39:58 PM

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  1:08:07 PM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Help... need feedback...

Sponsored Links!

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Go to Top of Page

gblack

NGV:Planning to install soon

Malaysia

28 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  5:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi geo,

saya guna Bluemec sequential kits kat kereta naza citra 2.0..

what i know..bluemec guna stepped motor..ecu box lebih kecil and poweful...this ecu akan read all driving pattern from your petrol ecu...and mapping into new NGV ecu...

no TAP insatll in this kit..

after a month...i'm satisfied with this kits..

Go to Top of Page

fyl
Starting NGV Member

Malaysia

14 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  5:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by geoffreylee

If you are using the above NGV Kit kindly share your experience ya.

Thanks

No problem for me too. :) Once tuned properly performance just slightly lower than in petrol.
Go to Top of Page

feichukung

Proton
gen 2 1.6 M
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

26 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  7:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see feichukung's MSN Messenger address  Send feichukung a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i just install yesterday....
having big probleme... when driving on gas... i try to switch to petrol.. it works fine.. but when wanna switch back to gas.... cannot alr... dono why... the light keep on blinking red and blue...
can u help?today morning when i start engine it runs on petrol 1st... but as i know after AWHILE it will switch to petrol automaticaly rite??but it does not untill i run around 25km or half an hours only it swith to gas.... why? it this normal????pls.. help help... my installer so stupid... can't even answer 80% of my question's....
really regret to install at his place... coz i need it fast....haiz... hopefully it will become okie after tuning and seting....by the same installer... faint...
Go to Top of Page

feichukung

Proton
gen 2 1.6 M
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

26 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  7:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see feichukung's MSN Messenger address  Send feichukung a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
by the way.. i am driving 2005 gen 2 1.6 m will bluemec sequential system... (NO user manual ALSO)u all got??
Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  10:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I got the whole box.. also the manual. Anyway, this system is so simple it require no manual to operate. I encouter problems after the NGV is installed but found out that it is my engine that need help. Bluemec is indeed a superb kit as its one of the most advance I have seen.. There another kit at Hijau which is better but it has yet to get SIRIM approval, estimate to get the approval in Aug.

The system at Hijau has so many options, let me name a few

1. You can set the temp or time of warming up
2. You can have it switch to petrol upon high rpm automatically
3. high temp auto cut
4. self learn ECU
etcs

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Since:Aug 2008
Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  11:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Geoffreylee, can i know where u install your bluemec kit? i'm about to get my bluemec kit install on 11 Aug 08, can't wait for it. how about u feichukung, u had your bluemec kit install in where wor, y got so many problem with ur kit

Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  12:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am seriously thinking of starting a forum for NGV user to give review of their installer.

Check out this group in facebook... once you there pm me for access

NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Cheers

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Edited by - geoffreylee on 21/07/2008 12:41:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  10:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Geoffreylee, i'm in ur facebook forum, i have request to join pending ur approval.....
Go to Top of Page

lug
Junior NGV Member

Proton
Satria 1.3
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

94 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  1:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Bluemec seem to give minor issues this morning while driving to work.

1. On full gas it will choke and lost power (need to off/on ignition while on the highway).
2. Morning run on petrol till engine is hot enough before switching to gas (seems that the gas kicks in very slowly in the morning).
3. Long beep sound (need to off/on ignition)
4. Sound of fuel/gas regulator "Plopping sounds" while cruising
Go to Top of Page

clkong
Advanced Member

NAZA
Ria
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

695 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  11:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it seen to be alots of Bluemec user facing problem. I wonder is it the kits problem or the installer?.
Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  08:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
clkong... it is not the kit and also not the installer but the car. I hope the installer have a mech inhouse to fix the engine problem prior to installation.

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Go to Top of Page

lug
Junior NGV Member

Proton
Satria 1.3
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

94 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  11:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Geoffrey. Installer should do a thorough check on the engine before committing. My latest problem is exTr*ct*r failure. Prior to that, the fuse blown which leads to my LED unit completely shut-down. I'm suspecting poor wiring. Anyway, awaiting new exTr*ct*r to be fit in. Hope all nightmares will be resolved once i get the exTr*ct*r and leave my car for a week at installer to trouble shoot and re-check wiring.
Go to Top of Page

lug
Junior NGV Member

Proton
Satria 1.3
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

94 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  7:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correction ... Injector not exTr*ct*r...
Go to Top of Page

franktee
Average Member

Since:Oct 2007
Proton
Wira 1.5 GLM
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

240 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  11:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit franktee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with those who say that NGV installers should have qualified mechanics within their team to help us trouble-shoot the problems we face. Or else, they are nothing less than fly-by-night-hawks who take our money away and leave us to the elements to figure out what are our problems and how to solve our own problems.

Get paid by US Market Research company for testing websites & giving short opinion. Earn up to USD1,000/mth working 1-10 hrs weekly.
http://www.websitetester.biz/index.php?lang=en&ref=88ae544724226c6c2f90f9add9b1867e
Go to Top of Page

clkong
Advanced Member

NAZA
Ria
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

695 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2008 :  03:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
agree with you Frantee, happened to me last time. My Nissan Serena have no power at all(for 8 months) and whenever I ask him for retune, he give me all the besok rusa excuses. Worse, my kit is sequantial kit and i don't have cable link to access the ECU tuning. I try to borrow the cable from the installer but he refuse to (maybe he will malu if can can tune better than him). Lucky got help from DrX which he manage to borrow it from the installer, now the car runs like petrol.
Go to Top of Page

OK1338
Starting NGV Member

Toyota
Harrier 2.4cc
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

2 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  1:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I m using Toyota harrier 2.4cc and planning to convert it to NGV system. Can anyone suggest what system to use? Mixer (brand Pelmag) or sequential (brand Bluemec) is better? Less problem and loss minimal power. Installation price is abt RM5800 (mixer, 78L tank) and RM7600 (sequential, 78L tank) in JB. Is the price too high to pay? waiting list 1 month.
Really need some advice.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  2:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OK1338, please keep your question to one thread only ya.. it b messy to have your questions all over.

Thanks for your kind understanding

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Go to Top of Page

lug
Junior NGV Member

Proton
Satria 1.3
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

94 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  7:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2nd week of using the Bluemec after replacement of parts. Very satisfactory performance :)
Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  9:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i know the outcome of bluemec system once my car is ready for testing... maybe by 12 or 13 of august i'll know the result... I prey very very hard hoping for satisfactory performance and no error at the system....
Go to Top of Page

lug
Junior NGV Member

Proton
Satria 1.3
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

94 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  10:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry I have experienced all the possible probs from the system :) This is coz other cars all got no prob, only I bad luck :) So don't worry so much, make sure ur installer can help u anytime u have prob. Not just take the money and say ur on ur own. U need to play ur role too by jotting down all funny things u encounter after the installation while driving. It helps them trouble-shoot as well, just like when u go see a doctor :)
Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2008 :  10:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
facing problem with bluemec after day 5 using it, while waiting for friend in the car with the engine running on gas mode with the a/cond on, the following event happen as listed below.

1) RPM not stable, going up and down btw 700 - 900.
2) Engine light suddently on for no reason at all. (manage to get the light to off back by doing the following, a) restart car, (light still on) b) overite system by running in petrol mode while driving for a short distance, the light suddently off, then only switch to gas mode again.
3) while item 2 happen, my gear is in free position, but the overdrive light came on and off for a couple of time. dunno why is like that?

anyone know why is like this, advice pls.

is bluemec system normal for the following sequence?

1) car start with petrol mode.
2) when change over to gas mode.
3) fuel injector is shut. but the fuel pump still runing. is the normal?
4) can bluemec system command the fuel pump to be shut as well when changeover to gas mode? and also command the fuel pump to run when ran out of gas.

any advice on this......

Go to Top of Page

lug
Junior NGV Member

Proton
Satria 1.3
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

94 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2008 :  10:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) I always start with petrol coz gas needs hot engine to run, u'll notice if try on gas it will be very slugish
2) When u have traval almost 2KM or when temperature meter hits normal which is below half mark
3) There's a fuel/gas regulator installed to control this automatically - if the system is detecting gas it will prepare to run on gas which u will see blinking ligts, once on gas its all yellow, especially the bottom LED, when low on gas top red and bottom yellow, ur still on gas until its only bottom red which is on petrol
4) Sequential system is automatic, ECU control all the set of rule to run on gas once it meets the 2 rules.. default rule a) switch to gas when 40 degrees water temperature b) 2000 rpm

Just try to run on gas as much as u can until 1000KM. Write down all ur problems. After hitting 1000km, go back to your installer for re-tuning. There are many causes of low timing which leads to engine stall. Proper spark plugs, clean trottle body, good fine tuning on petrol. As for the engine check light, mine too show up while idling but its normal for Mitsu made engines as the injector and the ecu have different Ohm thingy which can be solve be installing additional device to balance the Ohm. Ur toyota i'm not sure. Overdrive light? Hmm don't think its directly related to gas usage, maybe some wiring issues which u need to check back with installer. Do read more from the forums. There are many useful tips to look out for here. All the best and happy NGVing.
Go to Top of Page

vic_bptan
Average Member

Toyota
Camry 2.2, 1999
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

183 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2008 :  11:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see vic_bptan's MSN Messenger address  Send vic_bptan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
one more thing i forgot to mention is, when driving car through pothole or bumpy road, my bluemec gas indicator become abnormal, i.e 1 bar light left, but pass through this type of road, light will blink blink a few time, then back to normal....
Go to Top of Page

geoffreylee
Advanced Member

Proton
Proton Perdana
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

730 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2008 :  09:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Send geoffreylee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Victor, what you meantions shows clearly that your installer is not doing a good job for you.

Therefore... my advice to all is DO NOT PAY FULL UPON COLLECTING YOUR CAR!!!!

Thanks,
NGV Car Owner (Malaysia)

Edited by - geoffreylee on 20/08/2008 09:04:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

cplee99
Starting NGV Member

KIA
optima 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

16 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2008 :  4:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all,

If need to change the car battery then the electric cable will be removed from the battery,

1. The tunning data in the ECU will remain or lost ?
2. I need to go back to the installer to do re-tunning once the cable removed from the battery?

Pls help
Go to Top of Page

purple_EJ7
Average Member

Proton
Wira 1.3 (M)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

248 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2008 :  5:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit purple_EJ7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cplee99,
This question has been answered by clkong here:
http://www.ngvcommunity.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1397

There's probably a backup battery inside the ECU. I've experienced flat battery twice and after jump start everything is still the same.

P/s: I strongly believe that the program (tuning parameter) is burned into the chip inside the NGV ECU (like microcontroller) so any power failure does not have any effect. Is this true?

http://www.anggunbistari.co.cc/
Go to Top of Page

Frank
Starting NGV Member

NGV:No
Honda
CRV 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

15 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2008 :  11:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard from my installer,he has to change the spark plugs and special engine oil for NGV before installing the conversion kit. As NGV is more sensitive to all these details in getting the right tuning. I believe it is a good point to take note. I will get my CRV converted soon, will update everyone if I have good news.
Go to Top of Page

tony5050
Average Member

Since:Nov 2007
BMW
Mini Cooper
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

195 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2008 :  6:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cplee/EJ7,

nothing to worry when you have flat battery or changing to a new one. Data programmed into the ECU is like a file you saved in your computer. Flat batt and restart will not have any effect on it. Is more like the memory space in the ECU and a processor to run the control. cheers

CNG, way to cleaner and cheaper energy!!
Go to Top of Page

cplee99
Starting NGV Member

KIA
optima 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

16 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  12:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Victor,

Have you resolved the engine check light problem? I facing the some problem with my KIA Optima. I went back to the installer and they told me the universal emulator injector from bluemec is not compactible with certain car like Toyata, Hyundai, Kia & Mit. Now they are writing to Bluemec HQ (Italy) to get their advice. If you have resolved the problem pls share with us.
TQ
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: