NGV Community Forum
NGV Community Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Photo Gallery | Vote | Shopping

Choose your language translation:
 Recommend Us to your Friend!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Ask me anything about NGV!
 All Forums
 Forumer: Question and Answer Section
 Common NGV Converted Car list
 Naza Ria Timing Belt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpchin
Senior NGV Member

NGV:Yes
Since:Jun 2008
NAZA
RIA 2.5
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

368 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2008 :  12:31:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much does it cost to change Naza Ria Timing Belt.

I have clocked 95000km, and is it due for change.

Will it affect the NGV operation after changing the new timing belt.

Please advise.

Sponsored Links!

VGN
Junior NGV Member

NGV:Planning to install soon
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

86 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2008 :  08:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont know how much it will cost but it should not affect your ngv operation.

when replacing the timing belt, all timing marking are normally marked and should be kept the same. so, unless your mechanic adjust the timing, you should have no problem. but even if he adjusted the timing, it should not affect your mixer system much. only if any significant retard/advance adjustment will affect the power output.

do u have a TAP installed? if yes, then maybe you need some re-setting of the TAP if the mechanic did adjust the car engine timing. otheriwse, everything should remain the same.

Sponsored Links!

Go to Top of Page

clkong
Advanced Member

NAZA
Ria
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

695 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2008 :  09:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cpchin, As far as I know it should be less than 80,000km. Can someone comferm this?
Go to Top of Page

VGN
Junior NGV Member

NGV:Planning to install soon
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

86 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2008 :  09:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
different car comes with different spec, the owner's manual will tell you.

but tradition says below 80000km as a safe guideline :)
Go to Top of Page

aquaMAX

Since:Aug 2008
Proton
Wira 1.5(A)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

31 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2008 :  10:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine is 100k, but mechanic advice to change early(80k+)..... traffic jam will not increase the mileage meter but ur engine still running
Go to Top of Page

cpchin
Senior NGV Member

NAZA
RIA 2.5
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

368 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2008 :  4:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Naza is in the workshop today for the replacement of timing belt after running 96000 km.

Went to inspect the belt after the dismantling, it looks pretty ok but it will snap any time.

If the timing belt snaps, it costs you more than 10 k for the repair as other engine parts will be in trouble.

The water pump also show sign of leakage ( rusty water mark on the engine) and one of the engine mounting cracked.

Total repair cost is RM1,130 breakdown as follows:-

Changing of timing belt RM750.00
Water pump RM180.00
Engine mount RM200.00

Check with Naza workshop, the cost of changing the timing belt alone is RM1,650.00 ( new price after discount, imagine the old price)

I believe, the above work done by Naza workshop will easily cost me RM2,500.00. or more.

Go to Top of Page

cpchin
Senior NGV Member

NAZA
RIA 2.5
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

368 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2008 :  1:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do I need to send for NGV tuning again after the change of timing belt?

Will the engine timing remain the same before ?

Please advise.
Go to Top of Page

franktee
Average Member

Since:Oct 2007
Proton
Wira 1.5 GLM
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

239 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2008 :  3:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit franktee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi CPChin,
If I don't remember wrongly, the user's manual said that the timing belt is to be changed every 60k km. Mine apparently has been changed once by the previous owner. I took over the car at the mileage of about 95k. My mileage is about 110k km now and I'm going for a second change soon. I heard someone telling me that there are service centres changing it using Korean OEM parts for about Rm1,500. Apparently, there are two Malay ex-Naza staff doing this close to the Puchong LDP toll booth. I enquired for the price of OEM parts from my usual spare-parts dealer and was quoted Rm500+. As for labour cost, I wonder how much that would be.
Kindly share where you did this servicing job? Looks like your timing belt change costing Rm750 is quite reasonable, bearing in mind the spare-part already costing Rm500+, and what with it being quite a complex maintenance procedure which not just any mechanic can do.

Get paid by US Market Research company for testing websites & giving short opinion. Earn up to USD1,000/mth working 1-10 hrs weekly.
http://www.websitetester.biz/index.php?lang=en&ref=88ae544724226c6c2f90f9add9b1867e

Edited by - franktee on 22/11/2008 3:23:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpchin
Senior NGV Member

NAZA
RIA 2.5
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

368 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2008 :  9:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After changing the timing belt, the car is jerking even when running on petrol.

I send back to Chegu for NGV tuning, but the mechanic said it is not possible to tune as the

car timing is not right.

Now my car is send back to the workshop for electronic tuning again.

Hopefully I can get my car back tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

cpchin
Senior NGV Member

NAZA
RIA 2.5
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

368 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2008 :  11:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got back my Naza this afternoon.
The mechanic managed to find out the cause of the jerking.
It is due to misfire of the 2&5 spark plug.
The distribution cables connecting the 2 & 5 spark plugs cable terminals were loose causing
high tension electric leak. As such the firing of the 2 & 5 spark plugs were weak and cause incomplete combustion.
When running on petrol, the engine jerks, on CNG the engine back fire , bob !.

The loose connection between the two terminals can be solve by using plastic tape on one of the connectors.
The two terminals will be tightened when inserting into each other after the taping.
My mechanic taped all the three spark plug terminals to prevent future occurrence of similar problem.

This problem is due to the hardening of rubber. It can also be solved by changing to a new set of cables with new terminals.

After dismantling the timing belts, my mechanic also discovered leaking water pump and damaged engine mounting.
After changing the engine mounting has solved my 'funny noise' problem during cornering.

franktee,

If you need to know the workshop that change my timing belt for only RM750.00, please email me.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: