NGV Community Forum
NGV Community Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Photo Gallery | Vote | Shopping

Choose your language translation:
 Recommend Us to your Friend!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Ask me anything about NGV!
 All Forums
 Forumer: Question and Answer Section
 List of Frequently Ask Question & Answer
 Atos Backfire
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maxbiz77
Starting NGV Member

NGV:Planning to install soon
Since:Dec 2009
NAZA
citra 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

4 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2012 :  7:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maxbiz77 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi..

Can someone expert here please help with my prob. I have a Inokom Atos install with ngv mixer system. The car is running fine if i didn't turn on the aircond but once i turn the aircond on and moving about 2-3 km it will back fire and at the air filter box. i can hear loud "pop" sound. What wrong with my car?.. I have send it back to the installer.. but he couldn't solved it. please help.

is there any reliable ngv workshop here in penang or kedah?..

Sponsored Links!

lcyou
Starting NGV Member

NGV:Yes
Since:Feb 2009
Proton
Iswara 1.3
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

11 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2012 :  10:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see lcyou's MSN Messenger address  Send lcyou a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maxbiz77

Hi..

Can someone expert here please help with my prob. I have a Inokom Atos install with ngv mixer system. The car is running fine if i didn't turn on the aircond but once i turn the aircond on and moving about 2-3 km it will back fire and at the air filter box. i can hear loud "pop" sound. What wrong with my car?.. I have send it back to the installer.. but he couldn't solved it. please help.

is there any reliable ngv workshop here in penang or kedah?..

change your spark plug. it tak tahan panas.

Sponsored Links!

lcyou
Go to Top of Page

maxbiz77
Starting NGV Member

NGV:Planning to install soon
Since:Dec 2009
NAZA
citra 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

4 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2012 :  2:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Send maxbiz77 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i have change spark plug, coil assembly, and cable plug. but backfire still happen.
Go to Top of Page

powersensor
Average Member

NGV:Yes
Since:Jul 2006
Proton
Iswara 1.3 Aeroback
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

198 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2012 :  2:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi maxbiz77,

Backfire is a very common problem if a EFI car uses mixer kit. EFI car does not run in venturi mode (like carburator) very well causing accumulation of excess natural gas at the mixer that got ignited and backfire. Some ways that may help reduce the risk of backfire is to reduce the gas going into the mixer but that will likely to cause very low idling or poor acceleration. Some mechanic may even consider punching additional vent hole on the air filter box as a bandaid solution like what is done on some naza ria using mixer kit. The ultimate solution is of couse use sequential for EFI car.

Go Green Go NGV
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: