NGV Community Forum
NGV Community Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Photo Gallery | Vote | Shopping

Choose your language translation:
 Recommend Us to your Friend!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Ask me anything about NGV!
 All Forums
 Forumer: Question and Answer Section
 Can I convert my Car?
 Naza Ria - Convert to NGV (Dual-Fuel)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

irsanh
Starting NGV Member

NGV:Click here to update own NGV profile

Malaysia

3 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  2:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
I'm planning to install the NGV kit on my Naza Ria soon. Pls share with me your experience (NGV kit installer/ Cost of installation? Any prob so far? Travelling distance with full NGV tank?)

T.Q so much!

Sponsored Links!

fongch

NGV:Gathering information
Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2006 :  8:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I also having this plan, hope somebody can share your experience
Thanks

Sponsored Links!

Go to Top of Page

fongch

Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  11:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have been call the Installer, they told me Naza Ria should install the "Multipoint Sequential Injection" and cost about RM6800.
Waht is Multipoint Sequential Injection difference with other system ?
The price are reasonable ?
Please give me advice
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

abu raiyan
Average Member

NGV:Yes
Since:Aug 2006
Proton
Waja 1.6 (A)/ Iswara 1.5M
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

204 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  5:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fongch

I have been call the Installer, they told me Naza Ria should install the "Multipoint Sequential Injection" and cost about RM6800.
Waht is Multipoint Sequential Injection difference with other system ?
The price are reasonable ?
Please give me advice
Thanks

if Im not mistaken, as for sequential the price is between RM6.5k - RM7.5k and depends on type of cylinder and size chosen...

Edited by - abu raiyan on 12/02/2007 10:39:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

akastria

Since:Nov 2006
Perodua
Kancil 850
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

38 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  09:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen a NAZA Ria installed with 2 unit of 40L tank under the car rear carriage. I believe its approved by JPJ & u still have baggage compartment!
Go to Top of Page

jaysubra
Junior NGV Member

Since:Feb 2007
Proton
Waja 1.6 A (MMC)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

64 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2007 :  09:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

While I was having NGV installed in my cay yesterday (12/2/07), I saw an NGV installed Naza Ria. My installation was done with the bangi / balakong installer. I believe the Ria actual belongs to them. I also saw them installing NGV on Nissan Vannette (Carb.), Nissan Sentra (Injection) & Toyota Unser when I was there.

Perhaps you should try them. Their service and professionalism looks ok but they have many different ideas compared to our forumers.

For one, they insist my car (Iswara 1.3) will be good without TAP even when I asked them to install it. Dont know why. (Anyhow, this is for a different thread)

~VIJAY~
Go to Top of Page

NGVInfo

Malaysia

185 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2007 :  10:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear jaysubra,

Bangi Installer does not have import TAP for carburetor vehicle. Other installers may not know what a TAP is, and it common for them to advise customer that it is unnecessary.

There is one importer for TAP in Malaysia, which serves to install these devices into your car and ours too. Their true intention is to overcome the public stigma that NGV is no power. And the Bangi Installer should be promoting TAP, instead of telling No, and allowing your Iswara 1.3 to be 15% underpowered (sluggish on pick-up).

The cost of importation of TAP is pretty high, given that there is little demand for it. Unless you are a NGV Community Member, you will never believe that TAP can improve the power output for NGV carburetor.

Regards,
NGV Information Team
Go to Top of Page

fongch

Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2007 :  08:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice. I will plan install after CNY
Go to Top of Page

jaysubra
Junior NGV Member

Proton
Waja 1.6 A (MMC)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

64 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2007 :  09:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Dear NGV Info. team,

Thanks for your advise. I'll install TAP soon but I'm gonna test the current NGV system for a couple of months. I do not want the installer to void his warranty because I did something extra at a different workshop / installer. (is it possible for them to void their warranty?).

~VIJAY~
Go to Top of Page

NGVInfo

Malaysia

185 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2007 :  12:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear All,

In reality, there is little warranty program with almost all installers. It is trully a sale gimmick, as warranty process is a struggle to obtain. If there is a good warranty program with the installers, it is unlikely that there are some many disatisfied NGV customers in the first place.

Kindly do not to be overconcerned about warranty if your car is having technical difficulties. Seek help immediately to limit the widespread damage to your engine is best guide.

Regards,
NGV Information Team
Go to Top of Page

fongch

Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  6:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My installer said not stock, need to wait ! Any other installer can recommend ?
Go to Top of Page

fongch

Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  10:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vijay, for your mail. I have sent my car on yesterday to the installer. Will be finish on 14 March 07.
Go to Top of Page

william_2622

NGV:Planning to install soon
Nissan
X-Trail 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

28 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2007 :  07:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi brother Fong, so how's your Naza Ria with NGV?? What's the tank siza that u r using?? 2 unit 40L?? Any pictures?? can i know where do u install the kits?

Regards,
William
Go to Top of Page

fongch

Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2007 :  9:57:09 PM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My car not ready yet to collect because having engine sensor problem. May collect on tomorrow. I using 2 unit 40L.
Go to Top of Page

fongch

Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2007 :  10:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have collect my Naza Ria on yesrterday. The power will 90% of using petrol. FC will are RM 10 can run on 115KM
Go to Top of Page

william_2622

Nissan
X-Trail 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

28 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2007 :  8:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any pictures to share??:)

Go to Top of Page

jaysubra
Junior NGV Member

Proton
Waja 1.6 A (MMC)
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

64 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2007 :  08:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fong,
Am glad that your conversion is done. A loss of 10% in power I believe is normal but how is the car overall. Are there any other complain / problem's? Pls keep us updated.

How did you find the installer and their service? I still cannot understand why they are not advertising at this website. I truly enjoyed their service and I wish they advertise at ngvcommunity. Would do good for everyone.

~VIJAY~
Go to Top of Page

fongch

Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2007 :  4:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
William, I do not have the digital camera take the pictures, anyway will try to upload asap

Vijay, For the service of installer I think is normal "Businessman".

For my car status using 700KM so far are ok, but everyday I need go to petrol station

Go to Top of Page

william_2622

Nissan
X-Trail 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

28 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2007 :  08:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fongch. Anyway can i know where did u install the NGV and how much it cost?? RM6800??
Go to Top of Page

fongch

Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2007 :  10:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The cost is RM 6600.
Go to Top of Page

clkong
Advanced Member

NAZA
Ria
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

695 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  09:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brand new Naza Ria have pre install NGV kit in it. The car will have extra cost of RM9000.00. I visited Naza show room in Kampong Baru last week and the installation work looks very neatly done. Not much information that i can get from the sales person. He don't even know what is the size of the NGV cylinder. Can anyone here can provide us with the NGV kit information?
Go to Top of Page

fongch

Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2007 :  8:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How to upload picture ?
Go to Top of Page

william_2622

Nissan
X-Trail 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

28 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2007 :  07:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can any1 help fongch on this??
Go to Top of Page

william_2622

Nissan
X-Trail 2.0
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

28 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  07:07:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fong,

Seem like nobody knows how to upload the photo.....

Anyway can u email the photo to me?? My email is william_2622@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

eagle7
Average Member

Since:Nov 2006
Proton
Iswara 1.3
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

149 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  11:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see eagle7's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Your answer can be found here

http://www.ngvcommunity.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=280
Go to Top of Page

franktee
Average Member

Since:Oct 2007
Proton
Wira 1.5 GLM
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

240 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2007 :  8:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit franktee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just bought a 3 1/2 yr old Naza Ria. I hear it's a guzzler. I live in Sek 25, Shah Alam. Can someone recommend me a reliable NGV converter close by. What is the current conversion cost? The conversion time? Is true that AmBank / CIMB has a 0% Credit Card Easy Payment Program for this conversion?

Thanks.

Get paid by US Market Research company for testing websites & giving short opinion. Earn up to USD1,000/mth working 1-10 hrs weekly.
http://www.websitetester.biz/index.php?lang=en&ref=88ae544724226c6c2f90f9add9b1867e
Go to Top of Page

franktee
Average Member

Proton
Wira 1.5 GLM
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

240 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2007 :  10:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit franktee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just converted my nearly 4-year old Ria using a GN-mixer (Argentinian) and 70 litre cylinder. Power seem okay but I have an occasional problem with the car stalling when I apply the brakes at traffic lights and circuses. Otherwise, the car appears to be performing okay. Anyone has any idea why this occurs.

Get paid by US Market Research company for testing websites & giving short opinion. Earn up to USD1,000/mth working 1-10 hrs weekly.
http://www.websitetester.biz/index.php?lang=en&ref=88ae544724226c6c2f90f9add9b1867e
Go to Top of Page

k252
Starting NGV Member

NGV:Click Here to Update NGV Profile

Malaysia

13 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2007 :  12:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank,
Congrats on you converting your N.Ria to NGV.
Can you share with us the details like where u converted, how much, Tank size, KM's per full tank and so on in the interest of other Naza Ria owners who are literally been ripped off by the Petrol Bill.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

fongch

Nissan
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

25 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2007 :  11:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Send fongch a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank,
The GM-Mixer are using manual shift between gas and petrol ? FYI my is sequential are auto do not have this issue. May be can check with your installer.
Go to Top of Page

franktee
Average Member

Proton
Wira 1.5 GLM
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

240 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2007 :  10:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit franktee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So far the problem is quite resolved. The problem just disappeared by itself. I think the car adjusted by itself or because I changed my spark-plugs. Phew, the plugs sure are costly, Rm264, and my mechanic charged me Rm50 for changing the plugs.
The Mixer conversion costs me Rm5,200 complete with a 70 L composite Chinese-make tank. As for the mileage, I do not have sufficient data to ascertain it yet.
Looks like I'm not allowed to let you know where I did my conversion in this forum. However, should you still feel you want to know, you can privately email me.
Did you guys have any difficulty in getting your 25% discount on your road-tax for your conversion to NGV?
Best Regards,

Go to Top of Page

franktee
Average Member

Proton
Wira 1.5 GLM
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

240 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2007 :  11:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit franktee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I made a trip from Shah Alam to Ayer Keroh, Melaka and back today. The total distance travelled was exactly 300 km. The total gas consumption was Rm19.25. Thus average mileage was 1925/300, i.e. 6.4 sen/km.
With the limited town driving data I have so far, 1810/217.6, the average mileage I have obtained was 8.3 sen/km. Hi guys what do you think of the figures I have obtained?
Best Regards,

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: