NGV Community Forum
NGV Community Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Photo Gallery | Vote | Shopping

Choose your language translation:
 Recommend Us to your Friend!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Ask me anything about NGV!
 All Forums
 Get to Know Each Others
 Misc Topics
 Finance: Swiflet Birdnest Farming, U should try!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Harry
Advanced Member

NGV:Planning to install soon
Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  08:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am a semi retired man and wud like to enjoy doing something that brings good money.

One important rule that everyone must follow is to get ready for your retirement years.

U can start either tomorrow or much better, today.

The best is to look seriously into creating a multiple sources of income.

In my case, I do take a good look at my current financial standing and what are the potential source of income(s).

One of the best so far which I greatly enjoyed, with little effort, is the Birnest Farming (Swiftlet) project.

I got one and plan to increase one every year.

Birdhouse Farming is unique. The main advantages as compared to investing into a conventional business are:

1) The amount to invest is low. Around RM120,000 to buy a worned down shoplot, 2 stories, and renovate to attract bird to nest. Renovation is about 20K per floor (estimated). Total outlay is RM160,000. (U can take a bank loan if U know them well).

2) Monthly utility cost(electricity and water only) is very low. Roughtly about 10-20 ringgit.

3) If U compare with a conventional business U will have no monthly fees to feed the birds or so except your monthly payment to service your loan.

There are no Salaries to be paid, no EPF, no Socso, No holidays, No allowances, No medical leaves, No matenity leave, no retirement fees and no etc etc etc. My employee is actually the birds. They come into the house on their own accord. No contract and no letter of appointment. The best is that they never talk bad about you or back stab U.

U let them use your shoplot to nest and the will eventually say thank U by leaving their nest for us to harvest continuously until they die.

4)U only need to check on a monthly basis on the condition of the birdcall music and water spray.

5)Once the bird start to make their nest, you will now hit a jackpot. Your income will steadily increases or multiply by 3 every year. (Note the birds will reproduce every 4 months ie 3 times a year.)

Beside that your birdnest house value will start to climb in value base on the number of nest that U have in it. Let say U have a hundred nests. Each nest, rule of the thumb,will be worth RM1000. As an example.: If U pay 120K for the shoplot and 40K for the renovation of the two floors and U now have 100 nests, the value is 120K + 40K + 100 nests X 1000 = RM260,000. If the next year U have 200 nests, the value now is 260,000 + 100,000 = 360,000.

No other business can multiply your asset value as fast as this Birdnest business.

6) You can harvest the nest once in every 3 months in the beginning and slowly to 2 months. The best is to start harvesting after the first year of operation. Allow the bird to settle down and breed and multiply to a reasonable numbers.

Every 120 nests ie 1 kilo is equivalent to 4,000 - 7,000 Ringgit, depending of the quality and shape of the nests.

7) If you are lucky by year 5 after the 1st nest was built, U will earn about 120,000 ringgit every harvest assumming that you will harvest about 50 kilo of birdnest. This is equivalent to 60,000 a month income doing absolutely nothing.

8) U can then start to multiply the number of units to the maximum from the income U receive.

I guarantee U that U will be a millionaire within 10 years of operation. This guarantee is subject to U following some petinen rules and regulations that most birdnest farmers do.

There are verious methods where you can have a piece of the cake.

The best is to form a partnership with a few investors and form a venture.

In this way your investment is low and the risk is distributed.

If there is anyone out there is very keen please contact me for a full working paper costing about 50 ringgit?

Sponsored Links!

My favourite websites:
http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com/
http://harrykok.blogspot.com/
http://groups.google.com/group/be-a-millionaires-club

Edited by - Harry on 07/06/2007 12:15:00 PM

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2006 :  9:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you want to be a millionaire it is not too late.

I was recently invited to join google Swiftlet Millionaire Club.

The interesting thing about this club is that those who have one birdnest home, if you do them properly you will be a millionaire.

If you are keen go to: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/swiftlet

I have made some posting and you will be suprised what I have in store for members.

Thanks

Sponsored Links!

Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  12:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Swiftlet Millionaire Club is gaining a very fast momentum.

Check for yourself at: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/swiftlet

It started on November 3rd 2006 and now have 52 members.

U will be suprised that there are so many people who wanted to be a millionaire by investing into a Birdnest house.

What I enjoy most is to write my experiences on my birdnest farming.

U never know. Today U hate it but once you learned more you will be in love with birdnest farming.

Edited by - Harry on 01/12/2006 12:50:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  08:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Remember this very successful Dato Tajuddin Ramli? A multi millonaire once .

He owned so many listed companies and two big names were Celcom and
MAS.

Whatever happenned to his business we should not make any wild
assumptions.

What I thought of telling all of You is that Dato is also a Birdnest House owner !!

SUPRISE tak?

Last trip when I was back in SP my brother informed me of this story of a Mosque which looks like Jumbo 747 Boeing in Merbok area. The Mosque was donated by Dato and in the same compound he built a birdnest house.

This guy is smart. If U donate a mosque in no time the mosque will
need money to be repainted, repairs, extension and many other expenses.

To cater for these potential money requirements he decided to built a birdnest house. Now since the birdnest is doing well all the expenses are covered by the sales of the birdnest from the house built by him.

See how smart he was .

I plan to visit the house during my next trip to SP

Edited by - Harry on 22/11/2006 08:35:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  08:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the beginning I thought I was a crazy guy having birdnest house in Sungai Patani.

To my suprise, I learned that there at least 600 birdnest houses in
Sungai Patani Town itself. 300 of them were registered with the Local Council.

Well if I am crazy I found another chap Lagi Super Crazy. He was my
classmates from Form 1 till Form 5. We were at Saint Theresa and Sekolah Menegah Ibrahim, SP

While playing some golf one day at KLGCC I met him at the coffee house.

We started talking about old time sake and what we are up too.

To my suprised he say he is into Birdnest Farming in a Big way
(to me I thought he was nuts). In the begining he bought a couple of birdnest houses in SP. Some did well while some are not. He sat down with his brother and found the best solutions by trial and error. Among the few he has one was doing very well near Bakar Arang, SP.

Well this led up to the next project. U know what he did? He bought a piece of land beside SP river that have been piled and belongs Caymen Development. The shop houses were stranded for almost 18 years.

He sink in almost 3 million and built them into one row, consisting of 16 shops. He built as a normal shoplots and got the CF. Once the CF was in hand he got the electricity and water in placed. He then turn the building to birdnest house.

Out of the sixteen four were combined to two birdnest house while the 12 were stand alone.

He called me and gave me an offer. It was cheap 300,000 each. Since I have just bought one I cannot effort. I regretted till today. I was damp stupid.

Last long holidays I was back in SP and every everning I will be
visiting all the Birdnest hotspots. When I was at the above row, I
nearly fainted. There were so many birds circling the houses and I gave in a call asking about the status.

He was humble and told me that yes they doing extreamly well. I bang my head a couple of time. A miss apportunity. Now he is offering at 600,000 per unit???

Edited by - Harry on 12/05/2007 09:47:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2006 :  09:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Health Benefits of Birdnest.

More are:
http://www.naturalnest.com/content/blogcategory/3/5/?virtuemart=ea5ec...

I found this write up and I wish to share with you why Chinese Emperors love to eat Birdnest Soup !!!

Quote:

Beneficial Effects of Bird's Nest

In the article "Yan Wo Kao" (The investigation on bird's nest) in
Monthly Mingpao Vol. 231, Prof. Y. C. Kong and Prof. P. S. Kwan (1985) mentioned that in China the consumption of the bird's nest was first documented in the ancient Chinese literature "Hai Yu" (The language of the sea) (Huang, 1536) in the Ming Dynasty.

In "Min Zhong Hai Cuo Shu". Tu (1596) stated that the bird's nest is
the food of the rich. However, the medicinal value of the bird's nest was only confirmed by several scholars about hundred years later after a long history of consumption and testing and has been promoted to be a nourishing and replenishing medicine with specific therapeutic effects.

The literature of "Ben Cao Bei Yao" (The essential notes of materia
medica) (Wang, 1694) and "Ben Cao Feng Yuan" (The medicinal herbs in
the wild) (Zhang, 1695) of the Qing dynasty show evidence that the
ancient Chinese had the belief that the bird's nests did have some
therapeutic effects and were used to cure disease.

In the years 1757 to 1871, many scholars ang experts had discussed in their literatures in details the transformation of the bird's nest from an expensive food to a precious medicine.

They include the scripts "Ben Cao Cong Xin" (New Compendium of materia medica), "Ben Cao Qiu Zhen" (New compilation of materia medica) and "Ben Cao Gang Mu Shi Yi' (A supplement to the Compendium of materia medica).

Prof.Kong further indicated that, according to Chinese literature, the bird's nest does have obvious healing effects to post-stage
tuberculosis, gastric ulcers and bleeding of the lung. Beside, it can promote growth.

In recent years Prof. Y. C. Kong has been conducting detailed
investigations on bird's nests.

Based on repeatable results of in vitro exposure experiments he has
discovered that the bird's nest contain a "cell division inducing
hormone" and an "epithelial growth factor" that can stimulate the
growth and division of cells, thereby enhancing tissue growth, cellular regeneration and cell-mediated immunity in humans.

The investigations have provided good scientific evidence that supports the notion that the bird's nest can facilitate growth, replenish strength and vital energy, accelerate the recovery from disease and reinforce immunity. The specific animal proteins in an edible bird's nest have the following three functions :

To stimulate the regeneration of cells.

To enhance cell-mediated immunity

To enhance the resistance of an individual to X-irradiated damage

This is the main reason why the proteins of other precious medicinal
foods like the sea cucumber, abalone, scallop, and egg cannot be
compared to those contained in the edible bird's nest.

The bird's nest help regulate the function of the endocrine system as well as other body functions. They strengthen the body, moisturize the skin, maintain beauty, provide energy and enhance the metabolism of fat. The bird's nests are adaptable for either sex or any age group.

The consumption of bird's nest during pregnancy can increase nutrition and improve the overall health of the mother and child and will give the infant a flexible mind. Woman consuming bird's nest after giving birth can recover more quickly and slim rapidly to help maintain their
beauty.

The stomach and spleen of newborns function weakly. This can easily
cause diarrhea and the loss of appetite. Feeding the newborns with
bird's nest that has been dissolved in milk can improve these
deficiencies. Babies that are 6 month old can be fed with rice porridge or congee containing bird's nest.

Children require more nutrition during their growing period. Being fed with bird's nests can help strengthen the body and stimulate the growth of the brain. Edible bird's nest not only tastes good but when served with rock sugar, fresh milk or oatmeal aids digestion and constipation.

For youngsters, always consuming bird's nest can enhance metabolism,
strengthen various body functions and reinforce immunity. Besides, it can also smooth the skin and maintain eternal beauty. People, who are highly stressed and are busy in study and work can alleviate tiredness, relieve spiritual pressure and recover body strength through always consuming bird's nest.

Bird's nests are also beneficial to people who have just recovered from illness, who are old and weak, who suffer from asthma and who are always catching the cold or influenza. A regular diet of bird's nest can help alleviate the trachea, smooth breathing, benefit the control of asthma, expel phlegm, recover vital energy and extend longevity. It is particularly effective to those who have sleep disorders, bronchitis, coughs or hangovers. Bird's nests also show obvious therapeutic effects to help moisturize and replenish the lung and clear away intestinal heat.

Unquote

Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2006 :  08:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
During my last long Holiday, " Hari Laya Holiday", I was in Penang.

I met this Sifu by the name of Mr Chia. His profession is CHEF (tukang Masak). He used to be one of the best CHEF in Scandinavia (Everybody Know Him).

He claimed that he used to cook for the President and Kings
when they visit the Scandinavian countries.

Okay coming back to the title, everytime he makes a good amount of
profits he will buy and convert a shoplot to Birdnest farm (On the
Island).

He has so far 5 units. 4 are doing well and one not so well. The not so well are due to :

1) An Owl make a nest in the house

2) A cat enter the house

3) A burglar broke into the house.

See what I mean by how unlucky sometime he was.

During my conversation he throw this idea.

BUY IMMITATION NEST, A FEW DOZENS, AND PLACE THEM IN ONE SPECIFIC CORNER OF YOUR BIRDNEST HOUSE.

The idea is to lure the swiftlets to quickly lay their eggs and make
babies. The more the merrier and the faster your house will be
populated.

Once they have breed the newborn will stay in the house and do what
they like best ie make babies.

After 8 to 10 months, after at least two to three cycle of laying eggs and make babies, we can either remove the immitaion nest or moved it to another location in the house.

In this way the bird, a new colony will start breading in another part of the house.

Do this for 2 years and then remove all and place in your other new
birdnest houses???

Edited by - Harry on 25/11/2006 06:58:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

drxander

NGV:Yes
Since:Aug 2004
Proton
Iswara 1.5
(Carburetor)

Malaysia

102 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2006 :  09:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit drxander's Homepage  Click to see drxander's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dear Harry,

I think it is a great idea that you are indulge in, Birdnest farming. In fact, this business venture reminds us about REIT (Real Estate Invetsment Trust - in hospitality industry. Building a shopping mall or hotel (in your case, birdnet house) and make it extremely popular among the populace (birds). Then, you obtain a great return on investment and spread dividend to the trust holders. The element of attractive proposition is strategic location and good population management.

Perhaps, birds are much easily to cooperate than NGV Installers. Please call me if you are on the next outing in visiting other birdnet foundations. I will be much happy to come along to understand this business venture and its implicit commercial logics.
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2006 :  07:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A BEAUTIFUL WRITE UP ABOUT BIRDNEST BY THAIWAYS MEGAZINE

By Daisy
Bird's nests? Bird's saliva? Yes, but there's something more about it that you may not know before. Have you ever wondered why people, especially the Chinese are fond of bird's nests? And why are they so expensive? A kilo of unprocessed raw bird's nests costs 100,000-120,000 baht (1USD = around 40 baht).

Since the Tang Dynasty (A.D. 618-907), the Chinese have regarded bird's nest soup the supreme delicacy with rich medicinal properties. They drink it as a tonic to boost the function of the lungs. Here, Thaiways is introducing to you some interesting information about bird's nests.

Pacific Swift

From which species of swift do we get the edible bird's nests?
There are three species of swifts in Thailand that produce edible nests viz. the Edible-nest Swiftlet, Pacific Swift and Black-nest Swiftlet. The nests of the first two species are white while those of the last are black with feathers, dust and droppings mixed together, and are considered of low quality. Even though most bird's nests in Thailand are products of Edible-nest Swiftlets, in the east of Thailand, especially in Trat Province, most nests harvested are of Pacific Swifts.

Edible-nest Swiftlet

The appearances of nests
Edible-nest Swiftlets and Pacific Swifts build their white nests in the form of a half cup. The nests are constructed by glutinous strands of starch-like saliva of the birds. Sometimes the nests are mixed with their feathers.

Black-nest Swiftlet

Black-nest Swiftlets build larger nests when compared with the Edible-nest Swiftlets and the Pacific Swifts. These birds construct nests with their feathers which are conjoined with their saliva.
All species build their nests on the ledges of limestone caves or in the cracks of granite mountains, the height of which is more than 10 metres. Inside these caves, the air usually has high humidity.

Harvesting

The first harvest begins in March which corresponds with the mating season. The female birds will construct the nests for laying eggs. They build the nests during the night and go looking for food during the day. It will take 30-35 days to finish a nest. Thus, the excellent opportunity for the collectors to harvest the nests is by day when the mother birds are not in the cave. The harvest must be done before they lay eggs. Otherwise, the eggs will be damaged. And as a result, the female birds will no longer lay eggs for the rest of the year. However, if the collectors collect the nests too soon, the quality of the nests will not meet standard because they have not been fully developed.

When they see the nests disappeared, the mother-to-be birds, out of their instinct to maintain their species, will build a second nest. That is why after the first harvest, the collector will wait one month for the birds to construct a new nest. After the second nests are harvested, another three months will be allowed to pass before the third nests are ready for harvesting for the last time of the year in August.

The third nests are the nest where the baby birds live and grow. The reason to wait for three months is to allow time for the baby birds to hatch out of the eggs and to grow up strong enough to fly and forage. The mother birds will spend one month to incubate. After the third nests were harvested, the cave will be isolated until the next year.

The expensive high-quality nests are the first nests harvested for the first time in the harvesting season. The bird's nests collected during this time are white and less contaminated. The third nests, are more dirty because they are harvested after the baby birds have grown up and left the nests. These nests need to be cleaned up more than the earlier ones.

Prices
The prices of the first nests are very high. A kilo of unprocessed nests costs 100,000-120,000 baht, while that of the third nests are lower. In former times, only the emperors or the well-to-do would be able to taste the genuine bird's nests. However, if we take into consideration the danger one must face when climbing to get a bird's nest, the prices are reasonable.

Ethics of the bird's nest concessionaires
The operators must strictly hold on to the conservation principles which aim to sustainably make the most of bird's nests. That is to utilize them for the longest possible period of time and produce the least waste. Harvesting the nests especially for the third time means that although the nests are of poor quality, they had better be collected than be allowed to decay since the baby birds have already left the nests. Concessionaires must not break the rules of birds's nest harvesting because it will lead to devastation.

Beliefs about reddish brown nests
It is believed that the bird's nests of reddish brown colour are produced by the mother birds who have to rebuild the nests for several times until their saliva becomes blood. The reddish brown bird's nests thus, are rated as the supreme delicacy rich in nutritions which gourmets will pay any costs to taste them.

Recently, many researchers have found that what causes the reddish brown colour is the chemical reaction among oxygen, iron and humidity which results in rust. Humidity also stimulates the rust to be absorbed into the nest making them reddish brown. There are actually no more nutritions in this kind of nests than in the others.

Medicinal properties
Bird's nests are believed to act as a tonic for the lungs and can help keep the function of respiratory system homeostatic. They are also excellent for boosting the blood circulation system for children, patients in recovering stage, women after delivery and the old. Bird's nest soup is praised as a superb tonic so full of benefits that it is prohibited to add cooking oil or other seasonings to it.

A research studying the bird's nest has found that it can help stimulate the process of the cell formation as well. In addition, the scientists of Thailand Institute of Scientific and Technological Research (TISTR) have found that the following chemical compounds are contained in the bird's nest:
Water 5.11%, Protein 60.9%, Calcium 0.85%, Potassium 0.05%, Phosphorus 0.03%.

Besides, in 1963, there was an overseas study about bird's nests. It indicated that the chemical compounds extracted from bird's nests effectively prohibited the process of Haemagglutination which caused the common cold and influenza.

Bird's nest sources in Thailand
In Thailand, the southern region, including especially Krabi, Phuket and Nakhon Si Thammarat, is the largest area producing bird's nests. In addition, there is another producing source in the eastern provinces such as Rayong and Trat.

How to cook bird's nests
1.Clean the nests in fresh water two to three times. Soak them in water for 1-2 hours until they are swollen. Then use forceps to remove the impurities. After that, wash them for another two times. Then, take bird's nests out of the water and leave them to drip.

2. Stew bird's nests in a pot, using low heat. The water in the pot must cover every part of the bird's nests. After stewing for 15 minutes, add rock sugar. Continue stewing it for an hour.

3. Another way to cook bird's nest is just heat it in water until it is boiling. Then add sugar and remove the heat.

4. Cleaned or cooked bird's nest should be kept in a refrigerator.
If you are in Bangkok, it is very convenient to try bird's nest soup.

Most restaurants in Chinatown on Yaowarat Road serve it. And if you are in other major tourist provinces such as Phuket, you can order bird's nest soup at almost any restaurants.

Special thanks to A.P.B. Phuket Bird's Nest for giving Thaiways useful information and photos.

More write details at: http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/thai_article/2224_bird_nests/bird_nests.html
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  12:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BIRDNEST FARMING IS ADDICTIVE !!!

This message was sent to one of the newbie of SWIFTLET MILLIONAIRES CLUB:

Quote:

Dear Mr Bong,

U should visit a couple of towns in Malaysia and everytime U stop or pass each town just look out and up.

The best is to start your own business in BIRDNEST FARM TOUR. Get an MPV and have a few friends who have some money for a JV and visit a few towns in Malaysia.

I suggest Setiawan, Sungai Patani and Taiping.

In Sungai Patani I can give U the locations of various converted shop houses. I have one there too.

In Taiping, I know a few houses but I can get U to meet my SIFU who have a couple of birdhouses.

During my last visit there, I went for a coffee break at a roadside
stall. While walking to the store I look up to the sky and I could not believed it. U know what I see???

Swiftlets. Thousands of them flying above, layers after layers.
Chasing each other and perhaps mating.

The view was so beautiful and only birdnest enthusiast knows how to
appreciate. Your eyes see ringgit flying up there. That day there
must be about 500,000 ringgit if each bird is a ringgit.

That what I have been saying that birdnest bisness is addictive. Once U are in U want more. Every black bird fly infront of U, U see money !!!

It is crazy but I like it.

It is good for all newbie like U.

The other suggession is to cross the border to Thailand, Southern part. There are huge birdnest houses. They are gigantic. They are as big as a hotel(ShangriLa) in KL. Some are actually a hotel but when the recession starts they were poorly occupied so the owner turn them into Birdnest Hotel.

If U reach to this level U will be amazed of how big the business is.

U now reach a UPHORIA stage and your eyes cannot close where U cannot sleep. Every minutes is too long to pass by and U will be crazy of having your own birdnest house.

U will go againt your wife and even your mother. This is how crazy U will get.

So watch out before it gets into U. This birdnest business is truely siok !!!

UNQUOTE

Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2006 :  12:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today, the outhor of a book about swiftlet titled: MAKE MILLONS FROM SWIFTLET FARMING is launching his book at Giant Kelana Jaya.

He is inviting all who desired to be a millionaire to come and meet him.

If U happenned to buy his book he will put his doby mark.

He will be there from 3.00 to 400 pm.

His name is Dr Christopher. His doctorate was on special disease but after coming to birdnest farming he lost his direction and addicted to birdnest farming.

Yes, birdnest farming is addictive and U will feel very relaxing when U see a swiftlet flying infront of U. Trust me !!!
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2006 :  01:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since joining the swiftlets millionaires club I came to know this very knowledgable man name H Mulia or Pak Hen.

He is special because I learned that the best aroma to attract birds to your bird farm house is nothing more then a fish oil and duck egg.

Quote:

Harry,

Actually the swiftlet parfume, aroma walet, perangsang walet is not
contain hormon or birds hormon.

If you ever buy n used it you should know the smell. Many type of aroma walet or perangsang walet, but mainly the material are fish oil n duck egg.

The swiftlet like this smell. Usually aroma walet use for new birds
house or the rooms which no birds stay yet, with this smell the birds
feel that the rooms already used by their friends or they feel their
friends already stay at that house.

Aroma walet spray to the wall and floor but can not spray or apply to nesting plank.

Watch out for more interesting informations from this enspiring person with various information for all those who wanted to me a millionaire via bird nest farming !!!

The best news is that he is also an NGV user. He joined us on the 18th december as henmulia.

Welcome pak Hen and appreciate your knowledge and experiences on birdnest farming.

Edited by - Harry on 20/12/2006 01:37:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2007 :  11:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A very informative article found on the web about birdnest farming in Indonesia: See at http://birdnestman.tripod.com.

This article provide us with something that a newbie would like to know as an intro about birdnest farming.

Happy Reading:

Quote:

Indonesian Hut Bird’s Nest A grade

Long(2) Ya(2) Yan(4) : Collocalia Fuchipaga

Indonesian’s Bird's nest is one of the finest qualities in the world. There are two kinds of places to develop the Swiftlet (Collocalia Fuchipaga) nest: In the caves and in old or abandoned or cultivated houses with three different types of nest such as Blood Nest, White Nest, and Yellow Nest.

Once the nests are removed from the houses, they are washed and cleaned (processed) before being shipped to the shops for sale. From Indonesia, millions of nests are sent to Chinese communities around the world, with Hong Kong, Mainland China and Taiwan the top consumers. Southeast Asian consumers include: Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.

Types of Bird's Nest

Edible bird's nest can be categorised into two main types according to the location they are harvested from: cave nest and house nest.

Cave nest

Cave nest are mainly harvested from natural caves in eastern Sarawak and Sabah (two Malaysian states on the island of Borneo). These caves are scattered in the state's various forest reserves, natural parks and coastal islands. The more famous of these caves are located at Niah, Kakus, Baram and Tinjar.
These caves differ in sizes and heights, but mostly are found on high cliffs facing the sea.
Cave nest generally contains more dirt and feather than house nest.

House Nest

House nest is made by Swiftlets that nest under the roof of houses in the countryside. Since many believed that having Swiftlets in their house is a sign of good omen, not to mention the prospect of a lucrative trade, it wasn't long before houses are abandoned to encourage the Swiflets to move in.

Indonesians started encouraging Swiftlets to nest in empty abandoned houses since the Dutch colonial times. Needless to say, house nest are those harvested from these"swallow houses".

Generally, the texture of house nest are smoother compared to those of cave nest, and with less feathers and other contaminants. Thus, the original cupped hand or crescent shaped bowl of the Swiflet nest can be retained after the removal of feathers.

Comparing Cave Nest & House Nest

Cave Nest House Nest

"Black or dark grey" in colour - Covered with more feathers, dirt & containminants Mainly white in colour which is characterised by small patches of grey, black bird feathers and wood shavings (from the hut)
Too much feathers to be removed and the shape of the nest cannot be retained (sometimes resulting in Cui(4) yan(4) being sew together) Able to retain its unique cupped or crescent shape after thorough cleaning. Swiflet nest is 100% guaranteed to be in original complete piece
Higher risk and susceptibility to diseases and contamination as Swiflets are open to different environmental elements Lower risk and susceptibilty to diseases and contamination as Swiflets nest in an enclosed and protected environment

Bird’s Nest Grade by Bird Species

In the world, there are only 3 species of swallows that reproduces edible bird’s nest Long(2) Ya(2) Yan(4) Collocalia Fuchipaga Species (White Nest) – Highest Grade

Uses only mostly gelatinous strands for making entire nest. Gelatinous strands content in the unprocessed nest is 85 – 97%. This is the most popular form of bird’s nest in the market and commands the highest price. It is sold as a complete piece, which is the one I’m distributing now.

Collocalia Esculanta Species (Grass Nest)

Uses leaves (usually pine leaves) with its gelatinous strands as 'glue' for making the nest. Gelatinous strands content in the unprocessed nest : 5 - 15%. Used for for restaurant consumption. Looks transparent and glossy, with grayish colour.

Collocalia Maxima Species (Feather Nest)

Molting in the process, and using their feathers with the gelatinous strands as 'glue' for making the nest. Gelatinous strands content in the unprocessed nest : 5 - 15%. Very popular in 'bird nest cake-shape' market. Looks dull and glossy, with milky white color.

Bird’s Nest Grade by Colour

Red Nest

This nest has a bright red color and commands the highest price among any other color, due to their high demand and rarity. Not many houses have this kind of nests, and even if they do have, the nests can only be harvested 1 to 2 times a year. Red Nest production are only about 5% of overall bird nests market in the world. Wholesale prices ranges from US$200 (37.5g)** and more.

White nest

White Nest is the most popular nests in the market. The white colour unique to the nest is produced by the “virgin spit” or “virgin saliva” (Young Swiflet which has not mated before) of Long(2) ya(2) yan(4) Collocalia Fuchipaga Species which is highly priced. Wholesale prices ranges between SGD$200 – 280 (37.5g).

Yellow nest

This nest has a pale yellowish shade to it. Yellow nest is produced by the same species of Swiflet, except that the Swiflets are of older age and have mated before. Some particular consumers did raise concerns with its quality and probably higher susceptibility to bird-borne diseases. Wholesale prices are slightly below that of the White Nest.

Nutritional Values (Collocalia Fuchipaga)

Swallows make their nest from grass and mud, and their nest are certainly not edible. In contrast, Swiflets make their nest using their saliva, therefore the highly valued edible bird's nest are actually the dried saliva of Swiftlets.

Edible birds' nest is a water soluble glycoprotein with properties of a protein as well as of a carbohydrate. Its composition resembles that of salivary mucin with a high ash content of 2.5 percent. It contains 10.3 percent nitrogen and 17.4 percent carbohydrate with traces of phosphorus, asernate, sulphur and vitamin B1. The energy value per 100g edible portion is 345 kilocalories. The total protein content is about 85 percent with 0.3 percent of fat. Other minerals present are calcium and iron. 6 kinds of Amino acids isolated from birds' nest consist of amide, humin, arginine, cystine, histidine and lysine. The total content of mono amino acids is about 6 percent. It is possible that when taken with certain other foods through a cooking process may have a high nutritive and therapeutic value to human body. Recent studies in Hong Kong suggested that it may even be useful in the treatment of AIDS.

Amino Acid Function

Arginine Studies have shown that is has improved immune responses to bacteria, viruses & tumor cells; promotes wound healing and regeneration of the liver; causes the release of growth hormones; considered crucial for optimal muscle growth and tissue repair.
Cystine Functions as an antioxidant and is a powerful aid to the body in protecting against radiation and pollution. It can help slow down the aging process, deactivate free radicals, neutralize toxins; aids in protein synthesis and presents cellular change. It is necessary for the formation of the skin, which aids in the recovery from burns and surgical operations. Hair and skin are made up 10-14% Cystine.
Lysine Insures the adequate absorption of calcium; helps form collagen ( which makes up bone cartilage & connective tissues); aids in the production of antibodies, hormones & enzymes. Recent studies have shown that Lysine may be effective against herpes by improving the balance of nutrients that reduce viral growth. A deficiency may result in tiredness, inability to concentrate, irritability, bloodshot eyes, retarded growth, hair loss,anemia & reproductive problems.
Histidine Found abundantly in haemoglobin; has been used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, allergic diseases, ulcers & anemia. A deficiency can cause poor hearing.
Amide Primary linkage of all different kinds of essential amino acids and like. The basic unit to all different types of amino acids

Traditional Uses
Birds' nest have been used for a long time in traditional Chinese medicine. It is classified as a cold food or ying according to the Chinese food concept. Birds' nest has been recommended for use in the curing or strengthening of the body in diseases related to weak blood or body overheat, cold, influenza, cough, asthma, and other bronchio ailments. Consumption of birds' nest is also recommended to complement other treatments to combat degenerative diseases such as cancer and also for convalescence or to recover health after illness or surgery. It is also claimed that consuming birds' nests regularly can give a person exuberant physical and mental strength as well as to restore the fine and fair complexion of one's youthfulness. It is also mentioned that an expectant mother consuming birds' nests would have a baby with fine and smooth complexion. Chinese concept of food and medicine is a conspicuous part of the Chinese culture and birds' nest is one of the food items highly valued and often prescribed for use in the treatment of various body ailments.

Tips for Choosing Bird's Nest

You should feel the bird's nest with your hands. It should be dry, light and hard. Bird's nest that are sticky, soft and weighs heavier will mould easily.
Bird's nest should be clean, and with little dirt. (White Nest) Bird's nest with feather and dirt is not only time-consuming to clean, it also weighs heavier.
If the bird's nest is dry, there should be 5 to 6 pieces in every 37.5 grams.( 9 to 11 pieces for bird's nest cake, which I do not deal in)
After soaking, 37.9 grams of good-quality bird's nest will weigh around 263 to 300 grams.

Procedure for Soaking Bird's Nest

Soak bird's nest in warm water for 30 minutes. After removing the feathers (if any) from the bird's nest, soak it in water for another 3 hours. Keep the soaking water for later use as it contains nutrients from the nest.
Pour suitable amount of water and bird's nest into a stewing pot. Stew over low heat for 3 hours.

Unquote
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2007 :  5:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is an aroma theraphy that can help to multiply your birdcount by at least 3 times.

This is the latest that a member of swiftlets millionaires club came across. This would mean that if you have 100 birds, by using the liquid, or love potion, the bird will attract more birds to come to your birdnest house.

This will be very good for those who have just started and having difficulties to increase the bird count in the newly built farmhouse.

Quote:

CS Swiftlet Farming Mating Potions

Model No.: CSF-3

Detailed Product Description

CS Swiftlet Farming Mating Potions is a specifically designed and
researched organic habitation liquid that emits odours similar to the
odours of the Niah swiftlet caves in Sarawak, Malaysia when come into
contact with humid air.

The aroma or odours emitted from the CS Swiftlet Farming Potions helps facilitate the gathering of a swiftlet colony within swiftlet farms.

90% of all clinical trails conducted and audited by Ross, Jones and
Partners, an approved swiftlet farming audit specialist and swiftlet
farm valuation consultant, have shown an increase of around 500% of the size of the swiftlet colony and an increase of 396% of harvested edible birds nests within a 6 month period of applying the CS Swiftlet FarmingPotions in the swiftlet farm.

Unquote

My favourite websites:
Go to Top of Page

Titol Peter Malim
Starting NGV Member

Since:Feb 2007
Mitsubishi
Storm
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

3 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  5:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Titol Peter Malim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harry

Beside my wife Dental Clinic, I do explore into various other activities that can create a sizable income opportunities when I retire.

One of the best so far, with little effort, is to go into Birnest Farming (Swiftlet)project.

The advantages that you will have are:

1) The amount to invest is low. Around 60,000 to buy a worn down shop lot, 2 stories, and renovate to attract bird to nest in it.

2) Monthly utility cost(electricity and water only) is very low. Roughtly about 80 - 100 ringgit.

3) No monthly fees to feed the birds or so except your monthly payment to service your loan.

4) U only need to check on a weekly basis the condition of the birdcall music and water spray.

5) Once the bird start to make their nest, you now hit a jackpot. The income will steadily increase or multiply by 3 every year. Beside that your birdnest house will fetch twice the price that you have paid for it ie if the house was 200,000 + 30,000 renov cost, you can now sell at 460,000.

6) You can harvest the nest once in every 4 months. The best is to start harvesting after the first year of operation. Allow the bird to settle down and breed and multiply to a reasonable numbers. Every 120 nests ie 1 kilo is equivalent to 5,000 - 7,000 Ringgit.

7) If you are lucky by year 5 after the 1st nest was built, U will earn about 250,000 ringgit every harvest assumming that you will harvest about 50 kilo of birdnest. This is equivalent to 60,000 a month income doing nothing.

There are verious methods where you can have a piece of the cake.

The best is to form a partnership with a few investors and form a venture.

In this way your investment is low and the risk is distributed.

If there is anyone out there is very keen please contact me for a full working paper costing about 50 ringgit?

Go to Top of Page

Titol Peter Malim
Starting NGV Member

Since:Feb 2007
Mitsubishi
Storm
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

3 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  5:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Titol Peter Malim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Someone may be able to enlighten me about status of birdnest farming in Peninsular Malaysia. Aerodarmus fuciphagus is protected species and a farming permit is required under the Wildlife Protection and National Parks Act, which is under the purview of PERHILITAN. I believe farming in town or city is somewhat allowed by Federal Government or particular state. Information provided in your site is indeed informative. Malaysia is one of the biggest producer of high quality birdnest on earth. In Sabah, birdnest production
is among top ten source of government ravenue.
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  6:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Titol,

As far as Birdnest farming is concerned, U need to check with your local council where U want to built the farm.

From my experiences, I need to fill up a suitable forms and provide all the necessary requested datas plus a processing fee of about RM15. Once approved, I need to pay about RM150 a year fee.

The fee varies from one local council to another. So U need to check with your local authority to know the exact. For example in Penang the Lisence yearly fee is RM3000.

Yes Malaysia produces a great quality of white colored birdnest and currently being encourage by the Ministery of Agriculture.

Yearly income from birdnest if I am not mistaken is about 600 million a year.

My favourite websites:

Edited by - Harry on 01/02/2007 6:19:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  10:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Subject:I am about to increase the number of my birdhouse to two.

I just came back from my trip to my hometown and I visited a new birdhouse that was for sale.

Before I entered the figure showned on the plan that there were 3 nests during the last inspection ie two months ago.

The birdhouse was well designed complete with sound system that blares so loud that I need to shout to get the attention.

Two stories high fully furnished (Bird standard).

The best is when we started to count the numbers of nests.

Well there were 18 new nest plus traces of new nests. That become 21 nests in total.

The other interesting thing is the number of bird****s collected underneath all the tweeters. It is very encouranging.

So after this wild visit, I have decided to go ahead to increase one more to my collection.

If U want to try, please contact me. We will arrange for a special TOUR : Visit Birdnest Year 2007 . He he he.

My favourite websites:
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  11:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I visited Tajuddin Ramli's birdnest house at Kampung Kangkong, Kedah.

The trip was quite long and it takes about two hours from SPatani.

The first that I saw was this specially designed mosque that looks like a 747 jumbo plane.

To the left of the mosque was this birdnest house painted in green. It is very close to the sea front and three stories high about 70 feet by 40 feet.

We trace the electrical supply cable and stop by to talk to the tenant/owner of the house that supply the electric.

He confirmed that it belongs to Tajuddin and the caretaker is about three houses away.

The house was new and they have not harvest yet.

The only weired thing is that there was no birdcall music being played.

There were at least 4-5 birds that flew in during out short observation.

This report is just to confirm that birdnest is being recognised as an investment even to the rich and famous !!!

My favourite websites:

Edited by - Harry on 07/06/2007 12:01:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2007 :  8:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
While having a very good time in SP I decided to call one of my friend named Alan to have a few words on modification of my 1st birdhouse.

The sound system was not functioning properly and there are not many birds in the house due to that.

He decided to have a look at the house and make some recommendations.

Well within the same day he seem to be very impressed with my birdhouse. It is well done and there are many birds that can be enticed with my sound sustem and I guarantee that it will be full by this year end.

I allowed him to reinstall a new system and paid him.

My brother have been monitoring the house and it seem that more birds are coming in daily.

Right now we are monitoring new nests structures that we wee.

Will report to U on a regular basis ...

My favourite websites:
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2007 :  08:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This something that is very important for all those who are keen to invest in Birdnest Farming.

There have been some news that Jabatan perhilitan is sending letters to owners in Sarawak so Doc Chris found out the followings:

One of the strong advocates for swifltet farming has been Dr
Fadzilah, head of exotic animal unit at Jabatan Haiwan ( the author of
Amalan Baik Penternakan Haiwan untuk Burung Walet). i am sure some of
u have met this dyanamic lady before. I met up with her yesterday in
Putrajaya to learn what is the likely direction of swifltet farmers.
We chatted for more than 2 hours . Below are some of the important
1. Jabatan Haiwan Selangor will be arranging more courses in the
coming months. Attendance is compulsory for all farmers. A cert will
be issue. The course is not free but cost Rm100+. I will post the
exact time and date when they have confirmed the details.

2. Soon, our farms will have to be inspected by qualified vet
officers. Our farms will be tagged with a tracer. She has showed me
that she can visualized some farms via GPRS. And for nests for export,
the owners will have to label them with a unique sticker code. This is
not to check whether u have paid income tax, but to trace the source
of contamination if there is a virus or bacteria outbreak secondary to
the nests. She is recruiting inspectors at present, so if there is any
one of u who is a DR or a Vet, u could give it a go. They are also
setting a internet database for all the farms in Malaysia. They are
aiming to kick start this in June , but i suspect it will take them a
long time to complete the task.

3. The majority of our farms are still not registered with Jabatan
Haiwan master registry. They are depending on the local council to
feed them the data currently, and obviously the majlis are not doing
their job. AND NO MAJLIS HAS THE AUTHORITY TO GIVE LICENCES FOR
SWIFTLET FARMING - THEY LACK THE QUALIFICATION !

4. Regarding the notice to stop farming in Sarawak. In her opinion,
one does not need to get the license unless he / she intends to trade
the nests. And if your farm exist before the ruling, then they have
no case against u. And as a matter of fact, the department should be
assisting the farmers to get to proper licence. And even if your farm
was built after the ruling, the foresty department cannot possibly
demolish the building as swiftlets are protected species.

I am sure the information given is crucial to all Birdnest investors and newbies.

My favourite websites:
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2007 :  4:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is something that I wud like to share with those who are facinated with Birdnest Business.

Well the topic that I wanted to share with them is the best method to attract more birds (swiftlets) into your birdhouse.

I was fortunate to have a few close friends who are doing very well with their birdnest business. This particular SIFU, have 5 houses all in Penang.

His income today is not less then RM15,000 a month without going to work. The income is growing like 5 to 10% a month. The growth is continueous and I do not know what kind of job that U have out there that will pay a salary that increases every month.

His newest secret that I wanted to share with U is in the use of Swiftlet aroma solution to spray on the wooden planks in the birdhouses.

He said that the best aroma solution is the process water that was used to process the raw birdnest. Collect them and boil for about 3-4 hours, slow fire. Once done filter all the feathers and gel and keep them in plastic containers.

Spray on the planks twice a month and the rest keep in the refrigerator.

If U cannot get the process water, U prepare yourself by using those broken nests of distorted nest built on corners of the planks (90% joints). Break them and boil in a slow cooker with distill water.

Do the same to the planks.

There will be more birds, he assured, in youir birhouse in no time.

So what are U waiting for ....

My favourite websites:
Go to Top of Page

Ricobajaj6666
Starting NGV Member

Since:Apr 2007
Proton
gen 2
(Fuel Injection)

United Kingdom

1 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2007 :  12:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI everyone...I am from London and am extremely intersted in setting up a swiftlet farm in Penang...For the time being I have located somewhere in Penang(Aboo Siti Lane)...which already has some swiftlets last time I was there( 2 years ago).The place has been left vacant and i have managed to trace the owner(s) and they've agreed to rent the abandoned place to me for quite an expensive price...How much U guys think I should be investing for a 3 storey building shoplot which ALREADY has the swiftlet although I am not sure whther the crows have been giving them a hard time..Also where to find sifu:)?
b)How much returns and how soon?
c)how to harvest?
d)I ve got the numbers for a consultant but seems like its big bucks to them all the time...i ve got the sound system supplier and magic potion supplier as well.
e)btw my father in law is a vet so maybe he can help also.

Thanks a lot guys...coming back in 1 month so see u guys there...Sure can make money or not cos I am investing my 14 years of labour in London in this so please be honest with me :)bearing in mind the said lovcation already has the swiftlets th
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  1:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rico,

Welcome to the birdnest business. I just came back from my hometown and visited my unit to arrange to spray the aroma liquid and to take stock of new birdnests built for the pass few weeks.

Rico, I wud not advise U to rent the old house and convert to a birdhouse. The probability of the landlord to continue the rental for U is slim once the birdhouse is full with the white gold (birdnests).

It is better to buy a piece of agriland in the mainland like Jawi or Bukit Pancur area and build a dedicated birdhouse. In this way U own the land and the house.

Before U buy the land, U must conduct the birdcall test first.

I did the test last week at my father's piece of land, 2.5 acres, and until today my brothers were still talking about what they observed.

When the music was first played, there were only a handfull of swiftlets that responded. They change the music twice before it hit the jackpot. The birds were many not only near the test machine but also above the unit. There we so many and they could not believe their eyes. They estimated that there were more then 100 - 200 birds responded and that was not all.

After finishing the birdcall test, they left and only my younger brother was there tanning his house beside the test ground. A strange thing happenned that he was suprised. The swiftlet came to the spot where the music box was placed and there was a huge commotion where the birds seem to be like quarrelling. We do not know the actual reason but I can tell U that this is something that tells me this is a very good place to built a birdhouse.

My advise to U is to do a bit more research on the location and perhaps buy the house or shoplot and convert to a birdnest.

Get the so call consultant to give U the best price and let them do the conversion. Go on no nest no pay basis. Yes pay them 1/2 of the total cost to convert the house and the rest shall be paid once the birds built their nest. Every 10 U pay 10% of the 50% U still owed him. Once there are 50 nests, U pay him in full????

My favourite websites:

Edited by - Harry on 02/05/2007 1:52:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

mfazy121
Starting NGV Member

NGV:Not decided
Since:May 2007

Malaysia

3 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  12:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Send mfazy121 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i guess today is my day.....want to know y? I FOUND THIS FORUM!

Mr Harry, its kind of you sharing all the infos regards to this million making biz. I found out the golden opportunity 5 yrs ago but was hold back due to not having enough money. Right, it is very costly to start off, but handsomely returns in the future years..

SP is the area where tycoons in the making live. I can see lots of abandon shoplots converted, but only those unstrategic areas for running a daily business. Dont get the idea SP have many abandon shops, haha.
Reality, SP is booming with other businesses and is changing fast.

We also have houses selling price exceeds RM 1 million, near TESCO lah.

Ok back to bird swiftlet, i hope i can get more information as i will venture the business full swing, but can anyone share how to make a promising business plan?

Mr Harry, is your offer still valid? Hope you can guide me..
A SPrian too.

TQ.

"Plan Your Trade and Trade Your Plan"
Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  11:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mfazy,

Apa khabar orang SP? U know SP ada banyak orang terkenal. In NGV, the No 1 of Petronas is from SP. Yes Dato Hassan Merican. Some more my relative. I am Harry Merican (Joking).

Also there is Dato K. Now married with my favorite singer, Dato Siti.

One more guy is Daim. Terkaya di Malaysia tapi low profile. Orang Merbok.

Not a bad town to live in. Lots of opportunities and if U are smart U will know how many birdhouse are there in SP. More then 600 of them. More then 60% are owned by a few tycoons like, Dato Beh.

Even Tajuddin Ramli pun ada, one three stories birdhouse in Kampung Kangkung, near Tanjung Dawai, Kedah.

One of my Sifu have more then 15 units. One of my classmate have 10 units. All are orang SP.

I am a new player but so far have accumulated two units. By year end I wud like to increase to three.

Just imagine I have three nice income streams that increases every month without doing so much. My overhead is about RM 20 a month per house for the electricity bill only.

120 nest equals to 1 kilo and right now one kilo is worth 4,000 to 5,000 ringgit. Each house, 2 stories, can produce about 100 kilos if they are full to the max with birds. That will be not less then RM400,000 per house.

They call it "white gold" and devour by the Chinese. For as long as there are Chinese on this planet earth, the birdnest will have its market. Right now there are more then 2 billions Chinese world wide.

I think I am in the right market.

Well if U are very keen then will try to meet and talk about it.

Just get ready with a notebook to take notes of some petinent points.

My favourite websites:

Edited by - Harry on 14/05/2007 08:51:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

mfazy121
Starting NGV Member

Malaysia

3 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  01:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Send mfazy121 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely no prob bringing along a notebook. I am great that you are willing to meet me. When are you coming back to SP?

Ooh......60% owned by Mr Beh....mmm no wonder he is generous.

ok now what i need is a complete business plan, hopefully your offer stands with the previous quoted price, RM50.
i will pay COD in our first meet, and x sabar nak meninjau your property secara live.

i am serious to venture the biz, hopefully you can guide me through with ideas that covers A-Z.

my dream is to have a one-stop center particularly northern region.
i heard that globally, demand is still not enough, market is there and the viabality awaits with great potential. but i do not know where to start. just want to be part of it.

hope to hear you soon.

Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  1:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To those of U who are keen to be a birdnest house owners please be aware that there are a number of local rules and bilaws that need to be studied and complied to.

This one from Penang:

Title : Penang Gov Implemented swiftlet Farming Guidelines, violators license will be revoked.

From Jan 1st , Penang Gov . officially implements swiftlet farming
guidelines, farmers shall complies to all the local gov./council's
requirement prior to operation, the said guidelines also contains
guidelines for the farm house and other licensing requirements.
Violators will not have the license renewed, and will be punish under the relevant guidelines.

These licenses are for the period of one years from Jan 1st to Dec
31st. The require license are
1) Nest collection license RM 200
2) Wildlife commercial license RM150
3) Wildlife import/export license RM100 every kilogram
4) Farm building's commercial license with local council

[the naming of the license might be incorrectly translated due to lack of material on hand]

Under the guidelines, farm building must not be more then 18 meter in height, encourage to be painted rice-white color externally.

Under the guideline, guonos ( bird ****) must be collected and dispose off outside of the farm house periodically, owner must ensure it does not cause foul smell, contamination to surrounding. Owner also need to ensure the farm's cleanliness so not lead to , foul smell, flies,
mosquito or disease.
Other then ensuring farm cleanliness, owner also need to ensure the
overall looks/fells (cosmetically I think )of the building, rice-white color for external are encourage for ease of identification.

Farm located on agriculture land needs to apply for land usage
conversion from the relevant authority.

Guidelines also stipulates that residential areas are not allow for
farming purpose, historical building publicly declares as Warisan
Heritage too are prohibited from farming usage.

No ground floor should be used for farming unless with consent from
local Gov., special consideration given to those building that has
been left empty for a period of time.

Farm house should not be more then 18 meter in height ( approximately 5 storeys), during renovation, any structural change will require engineering consultant's approval for structural integrity. Local Gov/council 's approval on drawing are needed for any extension/expansion of existing farm building.

Under the guidelines, bird calling sound broadcasting must be between 7am to 7pm, volume not exceeding 40 db, speaker must be pointing at least 60 degrees skyward, and 6 meters away from walls.

Farm house must maintain cleanliness , must have a rubbish bin with
covers that is large enough to cater for the needs of the farm , all
rubbish can be loaded in to plastic bag before put into rubbish bin
and dispose off later.

A light must be install at the external of the farm ( the text is not very specific, I presume this is the entrance ) . Owner must install modern devices to control the humidity and temperature of the farm, no water pool/pond/ water tank inside the farm , no stagnant water on the floor.

Other requirements includes :

1)Floor and lower part of the wall must be water proof to prevent
seeping through of contaminants.

2) Owner must comply with all local gov./council/dept's guidelines

3) Owner must renew their license every years, the authority has the
right not to renew license.

he authority can bring to court violators under the following act/law/ regulations
1976 City /Town planning act ,section 27,
1974 Road/drainage & building act , section 70(1), (12) & (13)
1974 Road/drainage & building act, section 79
1974 Road/drainage & building act, section 84
1975 Extermination of disease born insects act
1972 Wild life protection act (76)

Existing farm in residential area will have 3 years time frame to move to a legal farm. Bird calling sound volume in existing residential area should not more then 20db.

Happy reading.

My favourite websites:
Go to Top of Page

mfazy121
Starting NGV Member

Malaysia

3 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  1:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Send mfazy121 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tq for sharing Mr Harry,

do u have regulatios from Kedah?

Go to Top of Page

swifbuild

NGV:No
BMW
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

28 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2007 :  6:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit swifbuild's Homepage  Send swifbuild an AOL message  Send swifbuild an ICQ Message  Click to see swifbuild's MSN Messenger address  Send swifbuild a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Harry,

I am swifbuid I am one of those crazy in to this hobby or shall i call business.I am so lucky that I've found this forum. I'd read all you quotes dated back 2006. It was fabulous. Indeed it can tell that you know lots about bird nest farming.I will be most grateful if I could learn from you. Looking forward to share info on swiftlet farming.I was wondering if you could give some comment on the below;

I was wondering actually how many of us really had questioned the plank on the roof is of correct type of Meranti. I am sure for those who relied on consultants totally had no idea what type of wood that actually being nailed onto the roof. As we knew it cost about rm2500-3000 per ton, but the prices are differ from different grade or species of same family. For example there are ; light red Meranti,yellow meranti,white meranti,dark red meranti,meranti/seraya, low land meranti, bukit meranti and many more. Each of the type is divided into low,medium and high density which of different weight. Obviously the high density one is heavier ( 800-950kg /M3). Are we all using the correct meranti wood? If yes, which type of meranti wood is correct. Do you think most so called consultant know?

I came across farms that have the right environment (27-28C,Hum; 85%) 1-2flux light, stable flow condition,etc. Yet no nest. I suspected the plank's problem. Some woods are treated with insecticide to prevent termites ,so if this type of wood is being used the swiftlet will never perch. " All are welcome to comment.

Thanks
Swifbuid

Go to Top of Page

Harry
Advanced Member

Toyota
Camry
(Fuel Injection)

Malaysia

692 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2007 :  08:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Harry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Mfazy,

The local bilaws are very crucial.

I suggest that U drop by at SPatani local council and ask them for the guidelines.

They also have some kind of forms that all birdhouse owner in SP to submit plus a fee.

I will talk more with U when I am in SP at the end of this month.

Harry

My favourite websites:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: